The first step is to turn the aggressive cache off. Google reader will refresh the same page over and over again, and the agressive cache won't refresh the page properly. To do that:
- Press [escape]-s-o
- Press the right button to move the option selector to "edit".
- Use the up and down arrows and the space bar to navigate to Document->Cache->Formatted Documents->number and press the space bar to edit.
- Change the value to "0" (that's a zero) and press [enter]
- Use the right arrow to navigate to the "save" button, and press [enter]
- Use the right arrow to navigate to the "close" button and press [enter]
To open Google Reader, just press [g] and then type http://www.google.com/reader/m/tags. Log in if you are promted, but if you keep getting redirected back to the log in screen, you need to make sure the formatted documents cache is set to zero (see "Configuring Elinks").
To save a bookmark of google reader in your elinks bookmarks, press [s] to open the bookmark manager. You edit bookmarks the same was as the configuration: Up and down arrows control selecting the top 1/2 of the screen, and the right and left arrows select the buttons at the bottom.